We conducted the Regenerative Organic Certified™ (ROC™) Pilot Program in 2019 with 19 farms and brands producing commodities as diverse as dairy, mangoes, and cereal grains everywhere from Nebraska to Nicaragua.
Each farm met with an auditor who analyzed the farm operations against the ROC standards as they were first written. Afterwards, farm participants were invited to provide feedback based on their experience with the audit and prior knowledge of regenerative organic farming systems.
Armed with this feedback and with the help of specialty Task Forces and Advisory Boards compromised of experts in regenerative and organic farming, soil health, animal welfare and social fairness (see below), we revised the framework in June 2020.
Several brands that participated in the Pilot Program have earned the ROC designation:
- Alexandre Family Farm: Dairy in Crescent City, California
- Apricot Lane Farms: Avocado oil from Apricot Lane Farms in Moorpark, CA
- Dr. Bronner’s: Virgin Coconut Oil from Serendipol Ltd. in Sri Lanka
- Grain Place Foods: Popcorn and Cornmeal from Marquette, NE
- Guayaki, Misiones, Argentina
- Herb Pharm, Williams OR
- Lotus Foods: Brown and White Basmati Rice from Rohini, India
- Nature’s Path: Oats from Legend Organic farm in Saskatchewan
- Patagonia Provisions: Regenerative Organic Chile Mango from Sol Simple, Masaya, Nicaragua
- Tablas Creek Vineyards, Paso Robles CA